Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dinner x 2

I had a lot of stuff this afternoon so I thought I would be on top of things and throw something together in the crockpot before I left. Now, I'm not that great at using my crockpot. I just don't have any good recipes I suppose, and tonight was proof of that. After browsing through several recipes online I found one that I had all the ingredients for, and quickly put it all together before having to pick Kiya up from school.

Upon returning home at 6:00 I was so excited to have dinner already to go, but then I walked in my house. OH it smelled disgusting, and looked even worse. It was just some chicken and ham and swiss cheese and other things that shouldn't have been so fowl smelling, but man oh man it was bad. We didn't even take one bite, but it has been my experience that things usually taste like they smell and I wasn't about to eat that.
Out came the grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I usually like cooking, but it definitely isn't my favorite thing to do twice in one night.

1 comments:

Heather said...

I got a crock pot for our wedding and haven't made a thing in it yet. I haven't used one before, honestly. But I want to get some recipes and ingredients together so I can start using it. John made some BBQ chicken in his brother's crock pot last year that turned out looking so horrible. I was the only person to venture a bite, and then we decided on going to Village Inn.

I guess he left it in a little too long, and the chicken was poor quality, so, I won't blame the crock pot.