Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our Sweet Girls

Each day I am amazed at how much joy my children bring to me.  It has been so nice to be able to spend some time with them over the Christmas break.  Kiya and Jaynie just make my heart happy, and make me laugh.  Their smiles and laughs are so contagious, and they are always just so happy (except for when they're tired :).  They remind me that I need to find more joy in the little things, and to just be happy because I want to be.  

Kiya is so precious, and has a little tiny voice and an incredible vocabulary for a 2 year old.  She just sits and talks to me all day long, and asks endless questions about everything.  
Tonight Ben and I went and saw Marley and Me (a wonderful show by the way)  and when we got home Jaynie was waiting at the top of the stairs for us.  As soon as she could see us she got the biggest grin on her face and started stomping her feet up and down; it was like she was having a 'happy tantrum'.  Upon reaching the top of the stairs I scooped her up into my arms and received the biggest, tightest hug a toddler can give.  I love Jaynie hugs, they make my day everyday.

2 comments:

Carly said...

This post gave me the chills- it was very sweet. I'm glad you guys liked Marely and Me, too.

Justin and Ashley said...

Yahoo! I'm so excited that you have a blog for your family now! I love seeing pictures and being able to catch up with family this way! Your family is so amazingly cute. :)
-Ashley