Sunday, January 4, 2009

Give-ups and Goals

Well it's Sunday evening, the last day of Christmas break.  It's a great vacation from the hectic schedule of work, school, dropping off and picking up the kids, especially that last part.  I have seen Amanda in her element this last week and a half as she gets to stay home with her two little girls and teach them, play with them and listen to them.  It's sad to see her these last couple days slowly come to the realization that Monday brings back early mornings and late evenings teaching school, but mostly the fact that she doesn't get to spend as much time as she wants to with Kiya and Jaynie.  I  start school again on Tuesday since this semester I only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday, and I figure I am about one year out from graduating.  I can't wait to be done with school so I can finally be done with the construction industry, but more than that I can't wait to be done so that Amanda doesn't have to work and can stay home with our girls.

Well one of our good friends has a blog and she listed her Give-ups and Goals.  I thought that was a clever idea to do, instead of just setting goals on how to make you a better person this year but to also state what you were going to give up to help the process of becoming better a little more defined.  So I wanted to do the same thing by listing the things that I want to do this year and also the things that I was going to give up.

Give-Ups
Ben: Soon to come.
Amanda:  Junk food and sweets, kind of the same thing I guess (except for on birthday's you can't pass up chocolate cake on a birthday).


Goals
Ben:  Coming Soon.
Amanda: 1) Leave school by 3:30 at least 3 times a week, then maybe my girls would actually have a mother.  2)  Do my visiting teaching each month.  And 3) Organize my house one room at a time.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Ben! I'm so glad you found our blog! Your girls are darling. It looks like you guys have so much fun! I'm so glad that I get to see what is going on in your lives. It has been too long. You have a beautiful family!

Carly said...

great goals and give ups! one of mine should have been visiting teaching, too.