Friday, January 1, 2010

What a great year we've had!


As I've been thinking over the past year today, I have remembered many great times that we've had in our family, but I am amazed by one thing . . . how much my children have grown.


Kiya is one of the smartest three year olds I have ever seen (and I probably should only say this because I am her mother, but it is my right to think that and I believe that it is true), she picks up on absolutely everything that anyone around her says. Today we were at Grandma Smith's house (Ben's grandma) when Kiya asked me if she could have a treat. I told her that they weren't mine to give away and that she needed to ask Grandma for one, so she left the room to go ask. A minute or two later she came back to me and said "Mom, I'm too shy. Can you go ask for me?" I have no idea where she got that from, but it made me chuckle.

Jaynie has gone from my baby to a two year old with an amazing vocabulary and enormous personality. She is so fun everyday, she is our little singer and will just make up her own words when she doesn't remember the real ones. I like the songs better Jaynie's way, they are more fun to listen to. Jaynie is either the happiest kid I've ever met and keeps us laughing or is a screaming terror throwing a giant temper tantrum. We get one extreme or the other with her, and I wouldn't change a thing about her.

I am grateful to have the chance to be their mother, and thank my Father in Heaven for sending two precious angels to me. I love them very much.

2 comments:

Brianna and Wade said...

It is so nice to see your sweet family growing. I can;t believe Kiya is so big. Happy new year! BTW We need to get together. Lisa wants to do lunch sometime when are you free?

Carly said...

your girls have grown so much...i couldn't believe how big they were when we saw you. hope you enjoyed your holidays!