Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Magnificent Obsession

I have a new obsession . . . quilting. It is on my mind all the time. I'm constantly trying to figure out what I have to get done before I can do more sewing on the quilts for my girls. It may be driving Ben crazy, but he is surviving.

I have the tops of both quilts finished, and the backs almost complete. I am going to be brave and try free motion quilting on my machine, this makes me nervous, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Here is Kiya's quilt top. I love how it turned out. At first I was worried about the colors being to bright together, but I think they look great.

Now for Jaynie's. I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this green border. It may be too bright and distracting for the rest of the quilt, so it may be coming off and being replaced.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love them both! I like the green border- it ties in well with the green blocks. You did a great job on both of them!

Carly said...

cute quilts! i admire your patience; i think quilting requires a lot of it :)

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

I LOVE the green border. They are both super cute! I'm impressed that you're doing two! Awesome. I'm just getting to put my sets of nine together...:)