Saturday, January 10, 2009

Running the Wasatch Back

In high school I ran on the cross-country team, and lately have been toying with the idea of taking up running again.  So yesterday on a whim I decided that I would run the Wasatch Back and get Ben to run it with me.  For those who don't know the Wasatch Back is a 180 mile race from Logan to Park City.  What was I thinking, this is totally crazy!  Granted one person doesn't run the whole 180 miles by themselves the race is split up by 12 people on a team, it is still completely insane.  

When I originally starting thinking about this, I just thought that getting back into running would be a great way to get back in shape and maybe lose some of my baby weight (now that Jaynie is 14 months old it's about time).  But what possessed me to want to do this is beyond me.  Ben is committed to doing this, and won't let me quit now that I talked him into doing it. So I guess I am stuck and should start training one of these days.  This whole thing will be quite the process and we'll have to see how it goes.  I just have to wish myself a bit of good luck, I'm going to need it.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ugh. All that running sounds much worse than giving up sweets. Best of luck to you both, though.

Justin and Ashley said...

Wow, that is a really cool goal! Stick in there I really think you would be very proud of yourself to accomplish something like that! I need to make myself a goal like that, not with running probably, but with something similar ya know, to fit my own life. :)
-Ashley