Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Learning the Language and Celebrations

Well Amanda and I the other day were talking about how well Jaynie is starting to talk. Even though our little girl is only 15 months old, she is beginning to have quite the vocabulary.

The following are some of the words that she says (I wish I could add a recording of the way that she says them, because just jotting them down doesn't do it justice nor is it nearly as cute as her saying them) :
Nana (banana)
O ju (hold you)
Ta Da!! (ta da!!) One of our favorites.
Peas (please)
NO! (she's got that one down pat)
Ooo! (she's so curious that when she finds something new or different that's what she says)
WOW!
Mom
Papa (I personally like being called papa instead of dad, I guess it's because I'm such a fan of the phrase "papa bear".)
tai tu (thank you, she's becoming very polite)
sNO (Snow. She hasn't quite got the transition from the S to the N quite right yet, but you can definitely tell what she's saying)
eeet (eat. She loves her food)
hom (home. She takes after her mother in always loving to be home)
uh-o (anytime anybody drops anything)
ball
ba-yoon(balloon)
baf (bath-this is her favorite time of the day)
bubbles
baby (she carries her doll with her constantly now)
The 'b' sound must be an easy one to make becasue she is very good at words that start with B.

Jaynie has now started saying Kiya, but she can only say Ky, but she says it twice so it comes out Kyky, and Kiya promptly tries to correct her every single time. She definitely does not want to be called by the wrong name.

Well that's all the words that I could think of off of the top of my head. We really need to keep a better list of all the words she's saying. I'm sure I am missing some, so if we can think of any we'll be sure to add them.

We had a fun weekend during our "Happy Super Bowlirthday Weekend" since it was both my birthday and the Super Bowl. Ya, the team we were rooting for lost, but really we just enjoy watching the commercials. Come on, who doesn't. But it really was a good game.

We went up on Friday to Logan and went out to eat at one of Amanda's and I's favorite places up there, Cafe Sabor. The food was good, the company was better, but the fried ice cream was the best. (that's why Amanda and I like it so much). We enjoyed being up with my family and hanging out with them a little bit. We came home on Saturday and enjoyed some time alone at home. That evening we went out to eat again with Amanda's parents and grandparents (Anitta and Doug), which is always fun. We ended up waiting over an hour to be seated at Texas Road House. Was it worth it?...it's always worth it when I don't have to pay. Thank heaven for birthdays. Since Amanda's sisters were watching the girls we went to a movie after dinner. The night was a real treat. It's not very often that we get to spend an evening with just the "adults" and get to leave the girls home.
It was a great weekend.

2 comments:

Johnny, Julie, Boys, and Anna said...

Grandma Bonnie and I were talking about how you teach the girls to sign and we believe it has help janie to catch the idea of representation and thus speed up her ability to speak words. Or she understands that words mean something so she uses them. That is one of the reasons I want you to show me how to teach my kids sign language. We think you all are great. Hope to see you soon! Especially since Tiffany is coming home. Yeah!! The girls are beautiful. =)Julie

Johnny, Julie, Boys, and Anna said...

I am glad you had a great birthday weekenand with good times and with a lot of family. We love to see Anna learn and grow. It is simply amazing. Thank you for telling us about Janie. It's great to be a Dad.
Johnny