Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Yes, I know I'm a slacker!

So I realized a few days ago that it was May. This means that I missed an entire month of blogging! I don't know how this happened . . . or maybe I do. First of all Ben had all these crazy bazillion page papers due for all of his finals in his classes and I was pretty much banned from the computer. Second my life is just plain busy and the time always go by way to super fast. Between being a mom, a teacher, and a Young Women's leader I don't get much time for anything else, so I am quickly learning to love a hectic life. If I don't love it I don't know how I could possibly make it through it (but that is why I love Ben, he is always so light-hearted and makes my laugh and smile at every situation we run into).
Sometime soon I will post of all the pictures that I have been taking, and update all y'all on what else has been going on with us besides lots of busy-ness. For now the following will have to do.

One night for dinner I handed Kiya and Jaynie their food on their brightly colored plates. One plate was a dark blue, the other was a light blue that night. Kiya turned to me and asked what color the plates were. So I told her they were both blue, but could see that she wasn't satisfied with my response. She pondered the answer for a moment and then told me they were different blues. I was surprised that her two year old brain could figure something like this out. So I explained that one was a light blue plate and the other dark blue. Then a few nights later I was dishing up dinner again and asked Kiya what color plate she wanted for dinner, this was her response: " The lightly blue one." Oh how I love the things she says like this.

And Jaynie is also talking amazingly well and learning more words than I can keep track of, she has an incredible vocabulary for only being almost 18 months old (only 15 more days until she is old enough to do to Nursury:). Lately every time I tell her that I love her she just looks and me and says, "Daddy loves and Jesus." I don't know if that means in addition to, or instead of me. Either way I am glad that she knows that she is loved.

1 comments:

Carly said...

it was time for an update! i'm glad to hear things are going well, even though you guys are crazy busy. good thing school ends in a month. i'm sure you are looking forward to your summer!