Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Surprises!

We love surprises and we sure have had lots lately.
On Friday Ben and I had just got done running when we recieved a phone call from his parents. This is about how it went, " Hi, we are in Brigham City on our way down to see you, so pick somewhere to go eat. Bye." Very short and sweet and to the point. No options, just this is what you are now going to be doing tonight. It was quite a shock to the both of us but we loved it. We had a great time, Kiya loves getting to see Grandma and Grandpa White and Madi so she had a blast. Thanks Brad and Teri for the visit, it was a nice evening with you since we don't see you very often.
Last night we were at Costco getting some shopping done when we got surprised once again. I had forgotten something so I ran back to get it while Ben stood in line and when I came back I could see that Kiya and Jaynie were waving at someone, but I couldn't quite figure out who they would be waving at. When I got close enough I could see that it was my Grandma Cheney, so I walked up behind her and surprised her with a hug. Then we saw Grandpa eating a salad so we decided to get some dinner at Costco also and eat with them. We had an enjoyable time visiting with them and eating our dinner. We talked lots about our up coming trip to Bryce Canyon so now we are even more anxious to go on a little vacation.
So now you all know that I love surprises and am up for them all the time. Who knows maybe someday I'll surprise you :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love surprises too! In fact, I think I listed them as one of my "interests" in my blogger profile. I think surprises in the mail are fun too, but pretty rare.

Courtney Larsen said...

Amanda - this is your cousin-in-law-in-law (!) Courtney Larsen, and I don't have your email so I hope you get this. Can you email me at courtneylak@gmail.com? I have a question about your uncle that owns the jewelry business in Cedar City. Have you had the chance to mention my jewelry designs to him? They are at www.eternallyclassicjewelry.com. Let me know. Thanks!