Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ragnar Relay - Wasatch Back 2009

After many months of training, shin splints, tendonitis, and sore legs the day we had been waiting for has finally come and gone. On June 19th and 20th we ran the Wasatch Back Relay Race. It was 188 miles from Logan to Park City. Each team has 12 runners who each run 3 different legs to total the 188 miles. The race was 30 hours of fun and partying and 3 hours of running here and there mingled within all the fun.
Tiffany, Ben and Amanda at 7:30 am waiting for the race to start.

Ben was the first runner for our team, so he is waiting at the starting line for the gun to go off.

Amanda running through Paradise (the city in Utah, but it did feel like paradise).

Ben at Snow Basin waiting for his second run of the day.

Tiffany cheering the runners on and getting ready for her second run.

Ben running down Trappers Loop towards Morgan. He had 8.5 miles of downhill running, sounds like torture to me.

Spraying Ben off and getting him a drink of water while he was making his trek down the mountain.

The Honey Buckets - we were great friends for 2 days.

Rock on Dude - final run.

Sandi, one of our team mates, and my favorite picture from the whole race. Check out that serious running face.

And we are finally done and home and ready for some sleep! We had such a blast and running a race like that puts you on such a high that we decided to sign up for next year already. There is still space on our team for a few more runners. Any one want to join us?

6 comments:

Chennell said...

It's so fun to participate in stuff like that. Way to go!

BTW I will be at my parent's on the 11th.

Carly said...

you are so awesome. i wish i could do this one. i can hardly handle 3 miles :)

Heather said...

Purple-haired Freedom! I mean, I'm very impressed. Good job! :)

Shelly and Kellan said...

Wow! Look at you go....I never really did like to run but I'm always impressed with those who do!

Carly said...

yes- we would love to come saturday. what can we bring? i'm excited to see your house!

Tawnya said...

Holy cow that is intense!! You guys are my heroes!! I am glad you found my blog! Hope you are doing well!