Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Car Ride

We went to the park last night, this is how our conversation on the way home went:

KIYA: Mom, what you eating?
ME: Gum.
JAYNIE: Want some. (So I give her a small piece)

A few minutes later (okay really about 30 seconds)

JAYNIE: WOW! ( I turn around and she is stretching the gum out in a long string.)
ME: Jaynie, put the gum back in your mouth our I will take it away.
KIYA: Jaynie, put the gum in your mouth.
ME: Jaynie your going to get it all over the car, put it back on your mouth right now, or I will take it away.

Jaynie stretches the gum further, so I maneuver around so that I can get the gum away from her (don't worry Ben was driving). So Jaynie starts to cry and then comes my favorite part.


JAYNIE: Kiya, mommy take a gum away.

Isn't it great when a one year old tattles on you to a 2 year old.  I love my kids!


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Toddlers always make the simplest things more interesting! :) Sounds like you had a good b-day! I love your new background.

Justin and Ashley said...

Looks like you guys have been busy! We have been busy too but I haven't been as good as you and I'm way behind with blogging! I haven't posted forever and I haven't made comments on any blogs either, but I wanted you to know that I frequently visit your blog and love, love, love staying caught up with what is going on with you so cute little family!

Carly said...

oh they will be the best of friends.