Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chastised by a 2-year Old

Last night Ben and I were downstairs watching the Biggest Loser while I was working on some school work. Every once in a while I would get a little nudge in the back from Ben while I was working, and this would cause me to mess up on what I was writing. This drives me absolutely nuts when I draw something on my paper that I don't want like an extra line, scribble, etc. or when my paper gets krinkled or it is in anyway not perfect I have to get a new paper. I know it's a little OCD, but it really bugs me. So after a few more nudges I just casually started writing on Ben's leg when he bumped me instead of on the paper.
Then this morning at school I got a phone call from Kiya telling me, "Mommy you don't write on Daddy's leg. Don't do that again. We don't color on us." I quickly apologized to her and said that I wouldn't color on Daddy's leg anymore. We have had this conversation with her a few times before about her coloring on her own arm and Jaynie's so I'm glad that it is finally sinking in.

4 comments:

Heather said...

That's cute. My mom used to tell me not to do that too.

Colette said...

I must admit that I am happy that you don't like anything out of place on your papers. I am just like that and I get made fun of here at school. It is especially a problem when someone wants to show me something on my paper. I use the phrase, "Not my paper" frequently!

Johnny, Julie, Boys, and Anna said...

I love it! My favorite so far :D Julie

Carly said...

your new header is so cute! love it.