Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tiffany is Home!

After many months of waiting Tiffany is finally home. She has been home since Feb. 20th, but I have been slow posting things lately. Her plane got in just after midnight Friday night. We had plenty of time to wait for her and at midnight there is not a whole lot of things going on at the airport. While we were waiting I noticed a pizza vending machine, and Jared told me they were really cool because the pizza comes out hot ready to eat. I didn't believe him, so he decided to buy a pizza to prove to me that they came out nice and hot.

Of course he was right, but much to our dismay we had just paid $3.50 for a pizza that was maybe 4" x 3".  But Grandma Cheney quickly pointed out that we should not be disappointed with our pizza, it was a deep dish pizza and it definitely came in a 'deep dish'.  Needless to say it was a pretty tasty pizza and gave us some entertainment while we waited.

Jared also taught us all about elevators while waited, and I was surprised at how much he knew about elevators it was quite fascinating.  Mom had made some faces of Tiffany for us to wave at her when she came down so we played with those for a while too.  We compared our paper faces to those of the people coming down the escalator to make sure we didn't miss her, because maybe we had forgotten what she looked like :)

Then the moment we had been waiting for finally arrived, (after all the other passengers and even the pilots) Tiffany finally came down the escalator and we all just kind of stood there not knowing what to do, Mom just cried so finally Dad went and gave her a hug, then we are were crying and hugging and it was so nice to see Tiff's smile and hear her laugh.  We are all so glad that she has finally come back home.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Amanda, I love your haircut! Where did Tiffany go on her mission? I'm remembering the days when we were all in the MFS chapter now. It's been forever.

Ben and Amanda said...

Thanks Heather, it has been fun to have short hair again. Tiffany went to the Portugal Lisbon Mission, and now I am jealous that she speaks Portuguese. It is a beautiful language, I like to listen to her speak it.

Carly said...

I like your hair, too. It's always so cute.

This makes me so excited for my little brother to come home. Glad she made it safe!