Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Joys of Teaching Jr. High

Last week in one of my geometry classes we talked about the Ice Cream Cone Theorem. And somehome I got talked into bringing the students ice cream to honor the Ice Cream Cone Theorem, as long as they brought the money and paid for it. So they brought in 50 cents to a dollar each and I went to buy them ice cream. I had Tiffany with me so we perused the ice cream and decided on the best option for the money that we had and made our way to the self chekc-out line to pay. The only thing was I had about $10.oo in ones and $10.00 in change; which is why we went to the self check-out line, we didn't want to count all of the change ourselves. Needless to say the whole point of the story is that I spent at least 7 minutes in Wal-Mart putting change into the machine (several students brought me a dollar in pennies), and made a huge line behind us and laughed and laughed about it.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Lol! I bet your students were grateful for the treat, though!

Heather said...

It's amazing how well I remember practically every incident in class involving food.

Johnny, Julie, Boys, and Anna said...

Those are the memeories you still laugh at, when you tell your grandchildren. It will be a while I know!